Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Inevitable Question: Mac or PC?



I chose my topic Mac Vs PC because when this project was assigned my family had just switched the house computer from a PC to a Mac, and I had just recently gotten an Ipod as a gift to replace my Zune. Once playing with both devices I realized how big of a difference there was and how much I really like one more than another. This made me want to do more research on which one was actually better.

While writing my blog I learned many things about the two products and two brands. I learned and experienced, that Apple’s product seems to run a little better and a little faster than PC products. Apple has a different way of designing software and hardware, making everything just run a little smoother. I also learned, and yet again experienced, that Apple’s products are a little more expensive. But in my opinion, you do get what you pay for. Apple pretty much guarantees that the consumer will not get viruses on their computers and the battery life is far better than anything else I have used or researched. One thing most people do not like about Apple is that it appeals to a more youthful crowd and tries to hard to be cool. After I looked into it, this normally tends to just be a stereotype. Nerds use Macs too, but Apple’s marketing campaign has seemed to work for them.

While doing this project I also got to read a biography about Bill Gates, and learned how he started the Microsoft Company and made it, and most technology how it is today. I also got to sit in on one of Apple’s Mac training sessions for customers who are making the switch from a PC to a Mac. I thought this was a great service Apple offered and I felt like I and other customers got a lot out of it.

Overall, I learned a lot about technology in general doing this project. I never knew how much both companies had to offer, and how completely different two computer companies could actually be. In the end, after all of my research and hands on personal experience I’m going to have to say that I side with Apple on their products. I think they are just easier to use, they have many more useful gadgets that I can take advantage of and enjoy. And I just like not being stressed out every time I get on the computer. If I had to do it differently I probably would not have procrastinated as much. Besides that I feel like I did a pretty good job, and I got a lot out of it, and I got to use my new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment